Monday 29 April 2019

Premise - Toon Shader Test


Today I tried using a toon shader on my character. My main character needs to look somewhat 2D as they are a 2D drawing, But I think after my experiment with Adobe Animate, I definitely want to animate the character using 3D animation. I like how the Toon Shader looks, But I'm a little unsure about the look of the character. I think the shadows look a little strange, and so does the plain white color. I think It might look better if I applied a paper-like texture to the model, or painted a different texture to make the model look more illustrated as I think the toon shader outline looks a little too thick and neat. I'm also still unsatisfied with how simple the character looks, so I'll try and develop them more so they're a little more interesting. Although, a lot of their character will come from the way in which they are animated and their interactions with the artists, so I need to run some animation tests too to see if this is a design issue, or just because the character hasn't been brought to life yet (or a bit of both).

No comments:

Post a Comment