Saturday 6 April 2019

Premise - Thumbnails


As I was struggling so much with how I wanted my character to look, and also trying to develop my story into something that made sense, I drew a page of thumbnails to explore basic shapes and different ways of designing the main character. When I showed these drawings to Alan, I explained that I was finding it difficult to convey the message of not wanting to conform to mainstream expectations, and he suggested that I try and think of a different method/metaphor to base my story on. He also suggested that I could make an animation using one of the characters from this thumbnail page in a meta art vs artist type of story. The drawing isn't happy with the artist messing around with it, it's happy with how it looks already, but the artist tries to change that. The artist goes on to fight the drawing in an attempt to alter its appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment