Saturday 6 April 2019

Premise - Initial Concepts


When I started to think about making a short film about my gender identity, my mind immediately tried to think of ways that I could symbolise my story with metaphors and narratives that were a less direct way of telling my story and without it becoming too personal. The idea I fixated on was the idea that a character was trapped in a lab and forced to conform to a stereotypical feminine appearance, but they end up escaping the lab and are free to be who they want to be. The issue I had with this idea was that I continuously found myself stuck, my story had a 'and then, and then, and then' quality, and I couldn't simplify the message of my story into a sentence, I couldn't really figure out what message I really wanted to convey with this idea, and I hoped that trying to draw out what was in my head would help, but I couldn't organise my ideas very well. The drawings above were my first attempt at drawing the lab/experiment idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment