Wednesday 10 April 2019

Premise - Adding Facial Expressions

I've taken some of the designs I liked from the previous developments and added facial features. I'm not liking most of these drawings, but I wanted to experiment with different eye shapes and mouths. I wanted to see if the character even needs eyes and a mouth, and I feel like the character looks better without a mouth. I think that without eyes, the character loses a lot of emotion, but I'll be adding a lot of emotion in the animation of the character as well so I'm not worried about that. I like thumbnails 2, 3, 8, and 21 the best, and I feel either indifferent or unhappy with the rest. Some look rather scary in my opinion. I think simple is better when adding facial features as the shape of the character is also very simple. My worry is that the character looks a little boring because it is so simple.

Character Development #6: Adding Eyes #1

Character Development #7: Adding Eyes #2
Character Development #8: Adding a Mouth #1
Character Development #9: Adding a Mouth #2

2 comments:

  1. I like 15, 18, 20 and 24 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's interesting because I wasn't sure about those designs, I thought they looked a little too alien like :')

      Delete