Sunday 7 April 2019

Premise - Storyboards



I’ve drawn out two initial storyboards for the beginning of my animation as I’m not sure how I would like the short to start. I know that the scene needs to end up with the main character being the only character on screen (not including the artists hands). In the storyboard above, the main character gets half of their body rubbed out, this alarms all of the other thumbnail drawings and they flee the page, leaving the main character by themself. In the storyboard below, the character starts to get rubbed out, but quickly grabs the legs of the character next to it and flees, pushing past the other characters and leaps onto a clean page. My worry with this is that the main character is supposed to be like able, and the viewers should feel sympathy for them, so I’m not sure if stealing another characters legs is the best way to show that, but I want my animation to be comedic and I personally thought that was quite funny. My worry with the first storyboard I drew was that I would have to animate all of the characters, but I was thinking of making some 2D animated experiments, so I could always animate the main character in 3D, and the side characters in 2D.


No comments:

Post a Comment