Monday 13 January 2020

Minor Project Submission



















'Draw The Line' is a story about identity, conformity, and acceptance. This story is personal to me and is my way of expressing my journey and relationship with my gender identity in a light-hearted, comedic way. I hope that other people will watch my animation and relate to Sketch, and feel reassured that you don't need to change yourself to please anyone and it's okay to stand up for yourself and be who you want to be.

My main goal for the Minor Project was to tackle the concept of turning a 2D character into a 3D model, but still, look 2D. I had to experiment to see which method suited the aesthetic I wanted the most. My animation will have quite a lot of FX, so I really wanted to try and figure out a way to make Sketch work. I also wanted to be as prepared for the Major project as I could, So I aimed to tie up all of my concept art and really focus on the 3D Pipeline as much as I could for the Minor Project.

The agreed outcome of the project was:

- Final character and prop designs. 
- Experiments with Toon Shader and VFX
- Revised animatic with sound
- All characters modelled, textured, skinned and basic rigging.
- Showreel of characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment