Friday 1 February 2019

Mudbox - Session 4


In today's class, I finished my apple model and my banana model. The problem with the banana model was that it was too small, once I resized the model the tools worked fine, it was almost frustrating that it was such an easy fix but I'm glad to have sorted out the problem.

Finished Apple Model in Mudbox
Finished Banana Model In Mudbox
We also looked at creating Extraction Maps. I made a normal bump map. I realized when applying the bump map to my model in Maya that I had set up my UVs slightly wrong, I had put the seams in very obvious places e'g, at the top and bottom of my orange and banana models, you can see the seam very clearly. 

First Try Using Bump Maps

Orange Model - Wrong UVs
The seams were rather frustrating to fix. I tried taking the bump map into Photoshop and fixing smoothing the edges of the map. This didn't work, So, I re-did the UVs on my original Maya model and sculpted the banana again. I didn't paint on too much detail as this was just an experiment to see if this would fix the seam issue. 

Rough Model
This is an updated version of the bump map for the banana model. This bump map worked for my model, but something still seems off about it.  I think my UV skills could definitely improve.

New Bump Map for Banana Model

No comments:

Post a Comment