Saturday 14 September 2019

Minor - Artist Hand Designs

In my Premise crit, I was given feedback about the look of the artist's hands. I had used my real hands as a reference, but in doing so, they didn't look very stylized. I was a bit stumped on where to start so I made an influence map of 3D hand designs I liked the look of that looked more stylized rather than realistic.

Hands Influence Map
I sketched out a few designs experimenting with varying degrees of realistic and stylized designs. (I thought that the second design on the top row looked weirdly familiar after drawing it, then I realized that I had somehow managed to draw MooMs hands by memory.)

Stylized Hand Designs
I took some of the designs I liked and colored them in a way similar to how I would want them to look in my animation. I'm not really sure which design to use. Although the middle design is more stylized, I'm not a huge fan of it. I like the rendering on the design on the right, but I like the moles I added to the design on the left. I added these to give the design a more personal touch to make the arms/hands look more like my own.

Further Development on Hand Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment