Thursday 18 October 2018

Maya Weightlifting - Restart

In today's Maya class I worked on fixing my weightlifting animation. I think the reason why I was so unhappy with my previous attempt (posted yesterday) was because I was using forward kinomatics on the MooM model's feet instead of inverse kinomatics, which meant that the feet were sliding around awkwardly and it was difficult to fix this without being very meticulous and time consuming. I also didn't like how I had positioned the spine. I figured that it would be less time consuming to just start again instead of messing up my timeline further. I was much happier with my second attempt so I cleaned up the animation in the graph editor, ready for next week when we work on loosening up the animation.

Second Version of Weightlifting Stepped Tangent from noah greenhalgh on Vimeo. Second Version Weightlifting Animation from noah greenhalgh on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment