Tuesday 16 October 2018

Character Design Week 3 - World Building and Rough Sketches

I've been trying my best to catch up on my character design class this week. Today we looked at how important world building can be when it comes to telling a story. I was given a couple of simple tasks during the lecture presentation; Draw Big Ben in an exaggerated way, and draw an environment for an Egyptian Pharoh. 

Big Ben Thumbnail Sketches



Justin liked the smaller sketches of the tower as he said that putting perspective into account wasn't massively important when thinking of the overall design of the building, and to focus exaggerating the building in a way that gave it more character. He also advised that I look at the building in more detail, as there may be some cool things about the building that I wouldn't notice from a distance, so I started drawing a detailed zoom in of the clock face of the tower.

Pharoh's Tomb Rough Concept



This is a rough concept of a throne room for a powerful Egyptian Pharoh. Justin liked the idea, but he said there isn't enough personality in the drawing. He could figure out that the Pharoh that owned this room was powerful, but not much else. For example, it doesn't show if the Pharoh is scary, or serene, there's not a lot of character to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment