Monday 7 October 2019

Life Drawing Session

Today in life drawing we focused on the main principles of traditional drawing. we warmed up by drawing whatever we could of the structure in front of us, and then after 2 minutes, move on to the canvas to the right of us. This resulted in a collaborative piece that lots of people from the class had worked on.

Collaborative Piece
Then we were given fifteen minutes to sketch the structure in front of us. focusing on the shapes and lines within the objects. I chose to use charcoal for all my pieces so I could create thick lines.

15 Minutes Focusing on Line
For our next drawing, we focused the negative space in and around the structure. I used charcoal so I could create a bold silhouette.

10 Minutes Focusing on Negative Space
We then focused on shadow and form, I had to try to show structure and definition without drawing in too much detail, and try to show definition through shadows and light. I drew this on procreate on my iPad. I was going to use colour, which is why I chose to draw on my iPad, but then I ended up drawing in a similar style to my traditional drawings.

10 Minute Focusing on Shadow and Form
For the last drawing I focused on depth. I broke the structure into three different planes and drew each plane with a different line weight. For the part of the structure closer to me, I used thicker lines. and made the line lighter the further back parts of the structure were. I used charcoal for my final.

15 Minutes Focusing on Depth

No comments:

Post a Comment