Wednesday 8 May 2019

Concept art - Hand Studies and Rough Concepts

Hand Studies

Something I realized while drawing my first storyboard was that the hands looked really bad, so I took some photos of my hand in different poses I thought would fit in with my animation and used them as drawing references for this set of hand studies. This really helped when I was drawing my cleaned up storyboard.

The Artist Rough Concepts #1

The Artist Rough Concepts #2
These are rough concepts for the artist character in my animation. I chose not to give them a head/face because I didn't want them to have an obvious identity as this character is based on myself. My project is a personal story to me that I have adapted into an animation that other people can relate to or just find entertaining. I also wanted to make it more obvious that the sketch is their main character of the animation, and that the story is about the sketch struggling with its identity/ not wanting to conform to the artist's ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment