Monday 9 January 2017

Pre-Viz Roll Shots

These are a series of roll shots I made using the scenes files provided to me, Each time I playblasted the shots, I increased the roll of the camera. For the first video I changed the roll coordinates to 180, for the second film, I changed them to 360, and for the third film, I changed them to 540. By increasing the number of times the camera rolled, I created a more intense, dramatic mood to the shot.

staircase roll 180 from noah greenhalgh on Vimeo.

180 Degree Roll Shot

Because the camera rotated quite slowly, the atmosphere of the shot is rather mysterious, rather than intense.

Roll Shot 360 from noah greenhalgh on Vimeo.

360 Degree Roll Shot

I only increased the roll coordinates a little for this shot, however the mood has become more dramatic.

Roll Shot 360 from noah greenhalgh on Vimeo.

540 Degree Roll Shot

This shot has the largest sense of drama. The camera moves faster because it has to rotate more, resulting in a rather unsettling shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment