Friday 25 January 2019

Mudbox - Session 3

In today's session I think I figured out the problem with my stencil, the brush I was using to sculpt with was too small. When I resized the brush it seemed to work okay. I also changed the design as the design that I had chosen looked too sharp and crispy. The design I chose instead is still a little pixel-y but it'll do for now, I can always change it later.

Top View of Bowl

Current Bowl Model
 We then experimented with posing a model in Mudbox. It was extremely easy to deform the poor model's body, and rather difficult to make the body look normal. You can't choose a pose that's too dramatic as that just won't work. Even when I tried to create a rather simple pose, as you can see below, there were still parts of the model's body that were slightly distorted like the ankle and the elbow.  I think I'll definitely stick to Maya when it comes to posing models. 



I then carried on modelling fruit for my fruit bowl, I used different stamps to create different textures. However when I finished modelling the banana model and brought it into Mudbox, all of my sculpting tools stopped working. I'm not sure if this was because of something I did or Mudbox just gave up on me. I painted on a texture for it anyway and I'll see if i can fix it at a later date.

Orange Model

Pear Model

Banana Model

No comments:

Post a Comment