Thursday 31 January 2019

Infographics - Brooklyn Nine-Nine Opening Credits - First Storyboards

The show I have chosen to create my opening credit sequence for is the American police sitcom 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'. I chose this show as it has characters that can be very easily defined in one image. 

"Captain Ray Holt takes over Brooklyn's 99th precinct, which includes Detective Jake Peralta, a talented but carefree detective who's used to doing whatever he wants. The other employees of the 99th precinct include Detective Amy Santiago, Jake's over achieving and competitive partner; Detective Rosa Diaz, a tough and kept to herself coworker; Detective Charles Boyle, Jake's best friend who also has crush on Rosa; Detective Sergeant Terry Jeffords, who was recently taken off the field after the birth of his twin girls; and Gina Linetti, the precinct's sarcastic administrator." -IMDb

These are just rough storyboards at the moment. I used blue and yellow as these are the colours that I associate with the police force, as well as the colours on the characters uniform. I also used a sketchy blueprint style to match the police force aesthetic. I also wanted to look making the credits look like they are on a crime board. I'm struggling a little with thinking of how to make the transitions look okay, and also, the space looks a little too flat and 2D, I think I could be more adventurous with using space and perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment