Monday 9 October 2017

Character Design Studies

Since my assigned character was a Superhero or Super Villian, I had to take on a more 'adjacent approach' when finding references to study from as it was a little difficult finding real-life superheroes to use as a reference. I've chosen to create a Villain.  The Conceit of my character is Psychedelic Album covers, and the trait is Vain. The world is 1960s London. Based on this information I found images of my favorite style icons from the 60s such as; Eartha Kitt, Twiggy, and Diahann Carrol. I also drew a study of one of my favorite icons; Grace Jones, I love their bold, androgynous style and image. I want my character to look extremely powerful and intimidating.


I also drew a couple characters from 1960s comics such as; Rainbow Girl and Infectious Lass, I was a little lost in finding real-life inspiration, so I wanted to study the 60s comic book style, as this is a style I would like to adopt in my own designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment